Wednesday, March 12, 2008

India Update

Quick update.... not much time, gotta eat dinner before the Indian world shuts down. The food is fantastic! Some of the best thus far. The huge city of Mumbai is crazy.... one of the largest in the world. The Taj Mahal is also amazing. Very easy to see why it's one of the 7 Wonders of the World. We then made our way to the north to the Himalayas. WOW!!!! I love the mountains so I sort of feel at home. They are easily the craziest mountains I've seen, which is saying something. I hike to the top of a mountain two days ago and snowboarded down. Quite an experience... Oh yeah, I also got to look at a 25,682 ft. tall mountain staring me in the face when I got to the top! Pretty stinkin cool. We'll be heading into Nepal tomorrow morning, traveling through the heart of the Himalayas, hiking a bit, then out the other side and into India again. We'll hopefully get to see 8 of the world's 9 tallest mountains at one time in the town of Darjeeling, where Hilary and Norgay set off for Everest quite a few decades ago. Will try to get some pics up in the next week or two. THE WORLD IS AN AWESOME PLACE!!!! GO SEE IT~!

No comments: