Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Shit Travelers Deal With!!!!

So this is a small taste of an essay I'm writing, a good bit of which is complete in my head but I'm waiting on Asia to finish it. You'll figure out why that is once you realize what I'm writing about. I will ask that no one take it or any kind of crap like that because I may potentially try to get this published by the end of it. It has the makings to be a funny good little read and it's all on point, 100% true. So here goes.... the introductory to my essay, Enjoy!!!!

The Shit Traveler's Deal With

When one uproots themselves from home and begins the tenacious life of a traveler they unknowingly give up one of the more comforting, serene, and habitual moments of our daily lives as human beings. By this I most certainly mean taking a shit or dropping the proverbial deuce in the comfort of a clean and familiar bathroom; preferably one's home.

When we take a shit in a place we find so comforting as our home, so familiar as our schools or our offices, or even as relatively familiar as somewhere in our own town there is a certain sense of security, of permissability, and even somewhat of cleanliness. However, contrary to these comforts of the mind, the shit of a traveler causes all sorts of demented questions and feelings to be raised.

The first obvious question a traveler asks themselves is "Where can I go?" The answer to this initial question profoundly determines the line of questioning that follows.......



2 comments:

roadrocket said...

wow...that's all i got to say...

Anonymous said...

was this picture taken before or after you went...? kind of important info to leave out now isn't it? -bro